CPRC is in the process of establishing a dedicated domain on a Columbia University server that CPRC faculty and affiliates will be able to access for efficient sharing of data and documentation. The CPRC Research Systemes Engineer assist with negotiating licensing arrangements for use of restricted or proprietary datasets and configures secure sites that meet the most stringent data security requirements. The Research Systems Engineer helps researchers develop plans for the secure storage of confidential data and provides restricted Windows-based workstations for use of highly sensitive data.
The following is an inventory of restricted use data that the CMC is aggregating. In the right hand menu, you will find links on the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), New York Census Research Data Center (NYCRDC) and Health and Retirement Study (HRS). Each page contains information on requesting restricted-use data, creating successful data protection plans, and the restricted data use agreements.
The ICPSR page copntains information on:
- Creating an account for data access
- Instructions for Preparing a Data Protection Plan
- Restricted-Use Agreement
- Applying for Restricted data
Some of major studies include:
- National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (Add Health)
- National Longitudinal Survey of Youth (NLSY): Child Supplement
- National Survey of Families and Households
- Los Angeles Family and Neighborhood Survey (LA FANS)
- Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing Study
The NYCRDC is a secure facility which provides researchers with the opportunity to work on approved projects that use restricted data collected by the U.S. Census Bureau, the National Center for Health Statistics and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
This is an ongoing inventory so please feel free to suggest data sets for inclusion. Contact Michael Weisner at email@example.com.